Prayer & Worship Committee
The Prayer & Worship committee of Divine Mercy Parish is one of the standing committees that all parishes have. This committee is made up of the coordinators for all the ministries, plus our priests and a parish council representative. It is chaired by a Divine Mercy parishioner.
Some of the responsibilities of the Prayer & Worship committee include:
- Educating our parish and our minsters about Catholic ritual and worship
- Facilitating communication between the various ministries
- Creating and carrying out the parish vision for high-quality Catholic prayer & worship
- Setting a focus for the seasons of Advent/Christmas and Lent/Easter
- Reviewing and updating minister procedures
- Coordinating minister recruitment and keeping rosters up to date
- Assembling minister schedules
The Prayer & Worship committee meets at 6:30 pm on the first Thursday of each month during the school year at the worship site.