It is important for our youth to have the tools and resources to develop a deeper understanding of their faith tradition and how their faith impacts their lives and the lives of others.
Confirmation preparation at Divine Mercy reconnects youth with Catholic truths and doctrines in a learning environment that is informational yet challenging, encouraging them to explore a deeper, more genuine relationship with God and others.
- Candidates must be a junior in high school or at least 16 years of age, baptized Catholic, and have received the Sacraments of Eucharist and Reconciliation prior to the beginning of the Confirmation year.
- Two years prior formation are required in order to prepare for and receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Confirmation must be the free choice of the individual. Parents may require their children to attend preparation sessions; however, no individual will be confirmed unless it is their desire.
- Session attendance - Students must maintain consistent attendance to their class sessions (i.e. no more than 3 absences). If circumstances beyond the student's control require them to miss class, it is the student's responsibility to contact the parish office to make other arrangements, and it is also the student's responsibility to review what they miss in class.
- Weekend Retreat - A weekend retreat is planned in the Fall for all candidates to get to know each other and begin to reflect on their relationship with God and with their faith community.
- Day of Reflection - A day of reflection is held in the Spring. This is an opportunity for the candidates to reflect on their faith journey and to examine their readiness to receive the Sacrament and make a commitment to live the life of faith.
- Service - Service is an integral component of the mission of the Church. Candidates are required to provide service hours through various volunteer opportunities at church, school, and within the community. Service is not just measured in hours but in the experience and assessment of the service through the eyes of faith.
- Questionnaire - Each candidate must fill out a questionnaire indicating their desire and readiness to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. The questionnaires are sent to the Bishop who will be confirming the students each year.
Registration and Fees
Registration begins in March and runs through August. There is a fee of $175, which covers registration, formation materials, and retreat costs. Payment arrangements and financial assistance are available as needed.
Please contact Jessica Lemoine, Coordinator of Child and Youth Ministries, firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-762-6810 ex. 3206 for more information.